Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Swansong For This Beautiful, But Bittersweet Blog

I will miss this class. Sitting here, waiting to take my mother out to lunch on this Mother's Day of a Sunday. Thinking about this blog of all things, among other things. I had been deciding whether or not I end this blog on a whisper or a battle-cry. But I've found neither satisfying. All I know is that I will miss this class. It was a different cup of tea, one that I'm not  used to but enjoyed nonetheless. A most technological brew with a side of croissants stuffed with stress. But I'm not a sentimental type. Not one for tears or good-byes or French styled "Au Revoir"'s. I enjoyed the blogging part of it all. It was the assignments that I struggled with, learned a lot from. But the blogs...whereas the assignments were the backbone of the curriculum, the blogging was the blood. The veins. The heart. I enjoyed getting into my little Magic School Bus and shrinking to the size of an atom when traveling those same bodily paths, especially when I had something to rant about. Brag about. Talk about. All of it pertaining, to some sense of the word, technology and schools and the students and the technological curriculum hereafter. It was a fun ride. Especially when I read a lot of my fellow peers' comments and commented on their blogs in response. Discussions were brought up. Issues engaged. Reasons clarified. It was...an oasis of sorts, that oasis in the desert known as college. Now that winter is over and summer approaches, I wonder how I will spend my days. Especially now that I no longer have a reason to blog about anything...or maybe I do. Maybe this was the start and, since I enjoyed so much of it, I'll make a blog of my own. One with thoughts and decisions and actions and books and poems and literature and movies and television shows and video games. One where I don't have to do it for a grade. Not that all the blog posts I did so far were for a grade, more for my own particular enjoyment. Maybe a Tumblr. Maybe something. Like I said before in previous posts, this class was my very, very first online college course. And even though the taste was bitter at first, I grew to tolerate and in time, enjoy it. All I know is that this technological fruit that I bit into got me hooked on the feeling of gunk in between my teeth, now I want to explore it. So this isn't a goodbye. Not truly. I will miss the virtual professor, the virtual discussion via comments, the virtual avatars of my already physical colleagues. So basically, in the simplest of terms, I will end this CURR-316 blog with a "hello" rather than a goodbye. Because we're knocking on the door, all of us would-be educators. All of us Abeers, Ann-Maries, Chris's, Danielles, Jessicas, Ashleys, etc. And it's only a matter of time before that door opens and we kick the teeth out of any adversary that stands in the way of us and educating our future students. So hello to all of you. I'll see you again on the other side of that door.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous post Vincent! And yes - keep blogging. I can see the writer wanting to burst out of you.

    ReplyDelete